Test Anxiety Tips are Just a Small Part of College Network's Tips for Testing
Nearly everyone experiences some form of test anxiety. However, you can overcome the anxiety by being prepared and rested. Remember that with The College Network® modules, you are guaranteed to pass the exam.
- Get a good night's sleep to help you concentrate on test day.
- Avoid heavy doses of sugar and/or caffeine on test day. Depending on the time of your exam, eat a healthy breakfast and/or have a light lunch.
- Constant distractions and negative thinking could hinder your ability to concentrate on test day. Keep a positive frame of mind and have confidence in your ability and knowledge.
- Always make sure the proctor (exam administrator) goes over test procedures and computer familiarity before the test starts. This is your right, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Don't get bogged down by a particular question. If you can't come up with the answer right away, skip it and come back to it later. You don't want to risk missing questions that you know at the end because you spent too much time on one or two questions at the beginning.
- There's no penalty for guessing. A wrong answer counts the same as an unanswered question, so give it a shot!
To find out more about what you can expect when you arrive at your exam location, follow the links below.
“I was nervous to take my first exam, but after I went through it and saw that I had not only passed but had done well, I knew I could make it work.” -Dianna Tatum, Elizabethtown, NC